Today I’m releasing the updated version of open-tamil 0.40 for Python. You can download it from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Open-Tamil or via python package manager pip,
$ pip install –upgrade open-tamil
Notable features of this update are,
- Major update is that open-tamil works for Python 3 as well as Python 2.
- Bug fixes to tamil.utf8.get_letters() API
- Convert integers to Tamil numerals – tamil.numeral.num2tamilstr() API
- Tamil regular expressions API to parse and explore Tamil text via regular expressions.
- Santhi rules parser in Open-Tamil for word conjugation
Hope this is another useful update of the Python library for our users, and hope open-tamil can make Tamil software development easier for you.