One of major achievements of last year has been collecting inputs from our team and writing up two important papers – one for historical review and other for collective call to action on great opportunity that is Tamil open-source software.
We also take time to thank all co-authors who have pulled together their efforts at short notice to make these research works happen! Together these two papers represent a value of tens of thousands of Indian rupees, or more in the making (going by estimates of other Tamil software foundations).
We also thank conference organizers for partial travel grant toward making this presentation happen. Thank you!
Conference Articles – 2017
Ezhil, Open-Tamil conference articles – 2017 presented at Tamil Internet Conference, August, 2017, in Toronto, Canada. Both the papers were well received and good academic and development points were debated at the forum.
- Ezhil – எழில் மொழி பொது பயன்பாட்டிற்கும், வெளியீடு நோக்கிய சவால்களும்
- This paper summarizes the path taken by Ezhil from inception toward delivering a fully installable product on Windows 64/32bit, Linux (Unbutnu, Fedora) systems, and offers a meditation on how students and teachers may adopt this product, and future pathways.
- Presentation slides are here on slideshare.
- Open-Tamil / Open Source in Tamil – Tamil Open-Source Landscape – Opportunities and Challenges_MA_2017_final
- Some important contributions of this paper show collective interest in Tamil open-source which outpaces the other languages with larger speaking-population. This is a key indicator to develop better pathways to bring new developers and train them into developing Tamil software
- Presentation slides are at slide-share
For questions and queries on these articles, please write to us at email@example.com or leave your comments below.
Ezhil Language Foundation