Today I’m releasing the updated version of open-tamil 0.40 for Python. You can download it from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Open-Tamil or via python package manager pip,
$ pip install –upgrade open-tamil
Notable features of this update are,
- Major update is that open-tamil works for Python 3 as well as Python 2.
- Bug fixes to tamil.utf8.get_letters() API
- Convert integers to Tamil numerals – tamil.numeral.num2tamilstr() API
- Tamil regular expressions API to parse and explore Tamil text via regular expressions.
- Santhi rules parser in Open-Tamil for word conjugation
Hope this is another useful update of the Python library for our users, and hope open-tamil can make Tamil software development easier for you.
Recently I have opportunity to update Ezhil website for more usability. Since November, 2013, I have following features,
- Usability – Cookies
- Cookies enable you to not lose your programs you have typed in the Ezhil website
- You can learn more about the Cookies technology
- It is now possible to browse over 100 examples via Ezhil website
- This can help you to learn the Ezhil language
- Default program loading in the Ezhil editor is hidden, and you won’t see the flashing of content
- Loading examples, or loading your old program from the Cookie will no longer select or highlight the text
These are development updates, thanks for continued interest Ezhil!