I’m happy to announce Open-Tamil 0.7 release, today 23rd March, 2018. Open-Tamil is distributed under MIT license, and available for Python 2.6, 2.7, 3+ and PyPy platforms, via the Python Package index at https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Open-Tamil/0.7
You can install the package via ‘$ pip install –upgrade open-tamil’ command issued in your console.
Following updates are made to the Python package:
- Series of command line tools will be installed into your Python (for Windows) or local/bin directory (for Linux) with this release. The command line tools are,
1. tamilphonetic – convert EN input to Tamil text
2. tamilwordfilter – filter Tamil input only from all input text data
3. tamilurlfilter – filter Tamil text from the input website data
4. tamiltscii2utf8 – convert encoding from TSCII to UTF-8 for input file
5. tamilwordgrid – generate a crossword from Tamil input text and write to output.html file
6. tamilwordcount – like UNIX wc program but for Tamil
- Transliteration package updates: Reverse transliteration functions is added; Univ of Madras scheme support is added.
- Tamil package: added text summarizer tool via module ‘tamil.utils.SummaryTool’
- Solthiruthi package updates: To do spell checking reasonable times and ability to identify and correct many classes of errors are added.
- Bug fixes for issues in get_letters(), tamil.numeral, added capability for generating string version of numerals in Tamil [previously only numeric version was supported]
In addition to the package, a web interface was developed for Open-Tamil in Django hosted at http://tamilpesu.us for demonstrating some of our capabilities.
We like to thank all our contributors in general, and in particular those members who contributed new code or bug fixes going into this release.
Previous release was v0.67 on Aug 23rd, 2017 and v0.65 was released on Oct 22nd 2016. Please share the word, and send us any bugs, feature requests or feedback via our github page https://github.com/Ezhil-Language-Foundation/open-tamil
Muthu for Open-Tamil team.