After more than 2 months of service outage the websites are restored on Friday Oct, 30th, 2015.
Continue refering, and utilizing urbantamil.com and ezhillang.org
Ezhil Language syntax highlighting commit was accepted to Pygments project earlier this weekend.
தமிழ் சொற்களை கற்றுக்கொள்ளுங்கள். உங்கள் சொல்லகராதி கற்றுக்கொள்ள, http://urbantamil.com/jumble , பயன்படுத்தலாம்.
இந்த படத்தில் குழம்பியிருக்கிறது வார்த்தையை யூகிக்க முடியுமா ?
Today I’m setting up a new project and writing this blog to announce urbantamil.com which is live now. UrbanTamil, is like urbandictionary.com for Tamil, to provide a user centered, social dictionary building experience, and free reuse.
- You can lookup words in dictionary
Use onscreen keyboard to lookup word
Results from lookup for word;
- You have options for downloading or defining a word
You can download definition as text file; you can also define the word
- Users can add words as they are used in regional dialect (Chennai, Kovai, Madurai, Thanjai etc.); user can tag them with period usage, parts-of-speech (peyar sol, vinai sol etc);
- All content will be contributed back all the entries under CC SA 3.0 to Tamil Wiktionary.
- You can define the word, and add custom information.
- Success screen follows upon correct upload to website
- Successful upload to website
- Moreover users can correct (edit) existing words for spelling mistakes, usage, and define new words.
Goals of the project
- Language / Vernacular use
- Censorship free/Contemporary natural Tamil – from ஜிகிர்தண்டா (Jigirthanda) – கலாசல் (Kalasal)
- Language from Ceylon, Singapore, Canada – Tamil + Punjabi, Tamil + English etc variants
- Build a open vocabulary while having fun.
This project will be fun, and I hope you a user community can engage and develop out of the website urbantamil.com; I always welcome feedback, and let me know how you think of it – via email or comments on the blog.